Oh The Places You'll Go!

Friday, September 3, 2010

| | |

So I went into Hobby Lobby the other day, and normally it's a good experience for me. I'm like a kid in a candy store whenever I go in there. But the other day I had just this overwhelming feeling of breaking down. All I could think about was the situation I was in with my family and had this horrible thought that I have no one to cook for. To have people around to cook for and entertain, that is a great sense of accomplishment for me. Dumb, I know. But as I walked around I found the Christmas ornaments and saw this one of a monster truck, The Grave Digger. Just what you want you want decorating your tree right? I wouldn't have stopped except when we were kids, Mom took us to a few Monster Truck races and The Grave Digger was my brothers favorite car for a VERY long time. And I started crying. Having your family turn away from Christ and away from you feels like death...and it sucks. So periodically I've tried to share with Kyle some of the stuff that were good times with my family, and someday I'll get to take him to those places. I'd like to share some of that with you.
In Longview Washington, they have this restaurant called Stuffy's, and Stuffy's makes this amazing cinnamon roll(which they have so eloquently named the "Itty Bitty Cinnamon Roll) that is as big as the plate and stands quite a bit high off the plate. My mom, her boyfriend at the time and my brother and sister ordered one to share and couldn't eat half of it! It's pretty amazing. Not to mention that when you walk into the restaurant, it's like the 50's era just stopped and got shoved into this one building. My mom has this photo of her and her dog when she was a kid, and in the background Mt. Saint Helen's is erupting in the background, which is something I've always thought is pretty cool. Especially when I was able to go to Kelso Washington to the center they have there and buy a pen filled with that same ash that was falling with that photo was taken. In Longview they have this tiny bridge going across one of the streets and it's known as the "Squirrel Bridge" and that's literally what's it for. And if you kill a squirrel anywhere near there, you get fined.
Growing up we didn't have money, and the fact that I have been able to go places, I think it to be a miracle. The fact that I was able to Texas and see the "ocean" is pretty cool...and I got to share it with Kyle. I know for alot of people, being able to go places isn't that big of deal. But for me, to have been able to afford it in the past and to now be able to share future trips with the love of my life is pretty amazing.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/9781

http://www.stuffys2.com/index.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment