Florence Kay

Thursday, September 16, 2010

| | |

It's a little after one in the morning and I've spent the last few hours messing with my blog design. And as I have been, I have been thinking about a pretty important person in my life. And I've decided I'd like to introduce you to her. She's my Aunt Kay. And over the years she hasn't necessarily gotten the respect or love she has deserved. But thankfully God has softened my heart so that I can see just how beautiful of a human being she is. She is the daughter of Harold Hubbs and Gladys Carriker. She spent many years in the Navy, traveling everywhere. Just a few short years ago she finally retired from the Navy Reserves. While in the Navy, she went to China and bought a China set-which was the beautiful wedding gift that she gave Kyle and I. Growing up, she struggled with homosexuality, but one day gave her heart to Christ and I am proud to say that Christ is in the for-front of her life. She is very much involved with youth for Christ and many other organizations. She builds relationships with almost everyone she's in contact with. She is one of those people who you always want to be around. Her amazing character mixes with her infectious personality and laughter and draws you in. She loves with everything that she is. She sacrifices a lot and would give you the shirt off her back.She's humble and fun to be around. She has taught me what it means to be a woman of Christ, especially when no one is looking. She has shown me what integrity means. In my lifetime, she has been an amazing owner to two wonderful dogs, Kringle & Remington. In the most recent years she has become one of my better friends and I'm better for knowing her. Aunt Kay, I love you, miss you and am thankful you are in my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment