Commitment

Sunday, August 8, 2010

| | |

As I reflect on my first year of marriage, the first and most prominent thing that is on my mind is that we loved each other enough to commit. As I look at peoples relationships today I'm saddened by how misunderstood love is. The ideas and perceptions people think it is, when really it's not. God created spouses so we would gain a better understanding of what the concept of love is. And not just sexual intimate love, but rather Agape, love for your fellow neighbor and the love you have for Christ. In the four years that I've known Kyle and the one we've been married, Kyle has shown me the love of Christ probably more than most people I have known my whole life. He builds me up, encourages me and is honest with me with I am being completely and utterly selfish. We've made a lot of mistakes, especially when we were dating, but I can honestly say that I don't regret marrying him. I've been able to tell him things about my past and he still loves and cares for me all the same and yet has pushed me to be better. I chose him because he paid attention. When he talked to me I was the only person in the room, and at the time that was a lot more than I could say for some people. When I cook him dinner he doesn't try to point out how I did it wrong, he's just thrilled if there's a cheesecake afterwards. He sees what is important to me and takes an interest. He lets me teach him things. He's patient with me, in all facets of life. And above all of this, his top priority is to show me Christ.
He's been everything from the guy who was willing to step down when I wasn't sure, to the one who held my hand as I cried when I was.
I have never in my life been in such a fulfilling relationship as I am now with my husband. And it's all because Christ is our foundation. Reflecting on relationships today...the ones who are living together and aren't married, the ones who are in adultery, the ones who are one-sided relationships(and so on), I think they are there because they haven't experienced the love of Christ through another human being. Because I honestly believe that if they had, they would understand. Christ has better things for you than "just living together!" Marriage is more than a warm body at night and more than a companion to talk to. Marriage is understanding that you are in it together no matter what, and knowing it's all for Christ. At least mine is♥♥♥

Tonight on my first anniversary to Kyle, I am thankful for a husband that has Christ first in his life, and actually cares that I do too.

1 comments:

Manda said...

I agree with all of this! We have good Husbands....must be something about those Kyle's! ;)

Post a Comment