Celebrate!

Friday, April 29, 2011

| | |

It's been awhile since I've written anything, so I thought I'd take the time to say hey. Hey.

April has been a busy month. It has marked one year since we lost Grandma Florence, and that has been hard on Kyle. But we get to reflect on the service and how truly she was a godly woman. Truly a life to be celebrated. Then came my birthday and Kyle took me shopping (and I got to steal some time alone with my husband<3)! As long days of school and work have wore on I am now rejoicing in my husband's 24th birthday. Thankful that God created him and found him to a suitable partner for me. Although, I must say-Kyle's idea of celebrating and mine are a bit different. All he wants to do is stay in bed and watch tv-relax. Not me! I love celebrating by going to see a movie or out to dinner! So, to say the least it's been different for me. I made him a cake that didn't turn out so well...my heart kinda sunk when I realized it didn't. But Kyle was grateful-bless his soul! The 24th brought my grandmothers birthday, and while I was sad I couldn't be with her to celebrate, I did call her. She was *VERY* excited about all the cake she got!

As April gives way to May, I look forward to a friends wedding, a weekend spent with another friend, more birthday's and the end of my current classes. A lot to celebrate!

Speaking of celebrating, I've been reading "Found: God's Will," by John MacArthur, and he makes a point in there I find interesting. It's a book that I had to have for one class, and now have to read it again for my current pastoral class. It's a short little read with great points.

MacArthur writes,
"What does it mean to be Spirit-filled? Let me give you a short theology lesson. We will call it theology of the Spirit filled life. When you were saved, the moment you received Jesus Chris, the Holy Spirit came to live within you There is no Christian who does not possess the Holy Spirit, "If any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His," (Romans 8:9 cf. 1 Corinthians 6:19; 12:12-13). Yet its is amazing how many Christians think they do not have the Holy Spirit. I have sat in church and heard sincere people pray, "O, God, send Your Spirit," and have thought to myself, No, He is here. He is here!I have heard people pray, "God give me more of your Spirit," as if He came in doses. The Holy Spirit is a person; He lives within you. "Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost?" (1 Corinthians 6:19) So many times we ask for what we already have! We pray for the Holy Spirit and He is already here."


I reflect on this point both in my own life, and in what I see in others. I believe that MacArthur has a valid point, but I also see that as humans we need to be reminded of things. We need to come back to Scripture and remind ourselves of what God has already promised us, and what He has called us to. A faithful, confident people. Going through this process of waiting for God's calling on our lives is so very exhausting. Seeing Kyle fill out applications and get rejected (or not even answered to is draining. Especially when I know his yearning to help others. So I reflect on this promise:
"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you." (2 Corinthians 4:8-12).

Then I am reminded of the hatred of the world, and of my own shortcomings. We recently noticed someone on Facebook who (professes Christianity) outright attacking a group of people in the political context. Friends, are we not to be stewards of our tongues? Aren't our words what not only builds up others, but also builds our witness? I am reminded of Ephesians 4, but specifically vs. 29-"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

Friends, this is a time for celebrating! Not only do we have the promises of God, but we have instruction! We have direction!

I pray this encourages you today, that you see the beauty of God in your life today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment